Topic – Strategic international marketing plan (Part B)
Length: No more than 4000 words – excluding the content in Report 1 which is to be integrated into Report 2A. Please refer to the ‘Format and guidelines’ section below for more detailed information. (When grading a report, the marker does not need to read more words than the stipulated word limit.)
This is the second part of the strategic international marketing plan to be developed by students which extends Report 1 – Task 1. With the background information and the understanding of the environment in Report 1, the emphasis of this second part of the strategic international marketing plan is on the target market and competitive analyses, and the development of appropriate market entry strategy as well as the international marketing mix strategies for the product or service that will be launched in the selected foreign country market (as identified in Report 1).
Format and guidelines
The report should be structured according to the following format and also in accordance with the presentation guidelines (pp. 11–13) as outlined in the Communication skills handbook (2010).
● Letter of transmittal
● Title page
● Executive summary – this section should state the major purpose, the method of analysis, the findings and recommendations of the entire report (including those presented in Report 1). It should not be more than 1 page in length.
● Table of contents
● Introduction – this section should clearly state the purpose, limitations and scope of the report.
● Background – include this section from your Report 1 with minimal changes. This particular section WILL NOT be assessed but rather to provide the reader with the necessary background information.
● Environmental analysis – include this section from your Report 1 with minimal changes. This particular section WILL NOT be assessed but rather to provide the reader with the necessary information.
● Target market and competitive analysis – this section should identify ONE target market segment (within the selected foreign country market in your Report 1) and provide adequate justifications for its selection, and analyse the competitive situation facing the company in the selected target market segment. The following issues should be addressed.
● Identify the target market segment and provide appropriate justifications to its selection. Your selected target market segment can be based on a combination of: demographic (e.g. gender, income, education), geographic (e.g. region, city size, climate), psychographic (e.g. lifestyles, personality attributes) or behavioural (e.g. price sensitivity, end use, occasion, benefit expectations) variables.
● Analyse the target market segment conditions (e.g. demand and potential, consumer/business buying habits).
● Describe and analyse the key competitors (preferably 2 most significant ones).
● Compare and contrast the product or service with the key competitors’ product or service (e.g. features, packaging, pricing, promotion and advertising methods).
● Target market entry strategy – this section is to identify the appropriate market entry strategy for the target market. Adequate justifications to the market entry strategy are essential.
● Recommendations – this section should provide recommendations on appropriate international marketing mix strategies (i.e. the 4Ps strategies) for the selected target market. Justifications on the recommendations are required. The following issues should be addressed
● Discuss the international product strategy (e.g. product standardisation, product adaptation, product branding) and provide appropriate justifications for your recommendation.
● Discuss the international pricing strategy (e.g. market skimming, market pricing, penetration pricing) and provide appropriate justifications for your recommendation.
● Discuss the international promotional/communication strategy (e.g. advertising, sales promotions, direct marketing) and provide appropriate justifications for your recommendation.
● Discuss the international logistics and distribution strategy (e.g. distribution system, channel and relationships, integrated, independent logistics, transportation, warehousing) and provide appropriate justifications for your recommendation.
● Conclusions – this section should essentially summarise the main points and findings in the entire report, including the recommendations.
● List of references – this section should include all reference materials used in the report. Harvard AGPS referencing style should be used in the report.
Topic – Self and team reflection
Length: No more than 600 words (When grading a report, the marker does not need to read more words than the stipulated word limit.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: All students are to complete and submit this task individually.
The purpose of this task is to provide students with the opportunity to self-reflect on the teamwork activities that they have been involved in during the process of preparing the strategic international marketing plan (i.e. Reports 1 and 2A). This task requires students to reflect on the teamwork activities/processes from both their individual and team perspectives. In addition, students are also required to complete a peer assessment for each of their team members. It should be noted that the finalised marks may be adjusted as a result of the peer assessment outcome and will be strictly at the discretion of the course examiner.
Format and guidelines
The report should be structured according to the following format using the template provided (available via the course homepage) to present the required information.
● Self-reflection – this section should clearly provide a self-reflection on the teamwork activities/processes that the student has been involved in during the process of preparing the strategic international marketing plan. The following issues should be addressed.
● A thorough self-reflection on your own performance based on the key dimensions (i.e. cooperation, leadership, motivation, coaching, influencing and delegating).
● Analyse your own performance and explain how the experience has affected your self-understanding and on others.
● Explain how you might improve your performance.
● Reflection on team – this section should provide your reflection on the team performance during the process of preparing the strategic international marketing plan. The following issues should be addressed.
● A thorough reflection on the team’s performance as a whole on the basis of the key dimensions (i.e. communication protocols, meeting schedules, time management, role definition, task allocation and sharing).
● Analyse the team’s performance and explain how the experience has affected your understanding of teamwork.
● Explain how the team might improve its performance.
Place this order with us and get 18% discount now! to earn your discount enter this code: special18 If you need assistance chat with us now by clicking the live chat button.