Evaluation of an elderly client
This is a scholarly paper is a comprehensive evaluation of an elderly client. The class is Gerontological nursing. Select an elderly client in any setting but not chronically ill or long term care. APA format, throughout the paper, consider physiological age-related changes. the reference should come from scholarly references (journals), a minimal of 5 and not greater than 5 years old. The paper is not about disease process but about aging. No vital signs, physical assessment and lab results. It is not health history paper but should be in narrative format. The body of the paper is 5 pages long not including the title page and reference page. Make use of journals, do not use Wikipedia and general websites for reference. please, do not use big words or unfamiliar words, use professional vocabulary. Must have introduction, body, and summary. include purpose in introduction.
Information to be included:
1. Give a brief history of the client; include the medical history, social history
2. Explain the individual’s acute or chronic medical issues. If the individual has an acute medical problem, explain how it is exacerbated by the aging process (physiologic age-related changes). If your client does not have any medical concerns discuss how they are maintaining their health. Use research to support your findings.
3. Review the medications that the individual is taking, including any over the counter drugs. Are any of these drugs a problem? Many medications are problems in the older adult. Explain the concern.
4. Explain the functional status? (ADL and IADL) What is their mobility and ability to perform everyday activities? If there are any issues or concerns, explain.
5. Look at the mental health and cognitive ability. Is there any impairment? Is there a concern and if so is it being addressed? Also consider their daily activities including social activities.
6. Evaluate the living situation. Is it a problem or potential problem? Living alone, with family or in a facility; is it a problem or a good fit? Are there safety issues or concerns? Explain. If your client is from the hospital you should be considering their home situation. How will their home/living situation be impacted due to the illness?
7. What are your recommendations to improve the quality of life for this individual?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂