C/W – 2 – 3,000 words +/- 10% (50% of the overall grade) – Submission date 2016 – TBC
Project management is arguably still a new discipline in business and management that is continuously being advanced through leading
edge research. Consequently the need for continuous and rigorous research-informed data is arguably a prerequisite for the future
evolution and development in project and programme management and its profession?
Any exploration into future issues requires the balance between theory and practice in order to support any necessary developments for
the discipline and also for a career related to project and programme management. Research should therefore play a big part in this
development and include the necessary research skills to plan, implement and understand the research process that should underpin the
holistic learning experience and also the strategic development of this specialist and professional area?
C/W 2 – Task (3,000 words +/- 10%)
Based upon the above rationale, conduct a literature review that critically evaluates the theory relating to the existing and emerging
trends and issues that could be relevant to support the development and management of projects, programmes & portfolios (P3 management)
in the future.
In critically evaluating these issues please use relevant course concepts and wider reading and, comment particularly upon how this
study could help project managers and other relevant stakeholders understand the key issues, themes and changes facing them for future
4. General Guidelines for the Overall Papers
• The purpose of both assignments is to allow you to demonstrate your ability to research by reviewing appropriate academic
literature and your understanding of the course concepts/theories and their application. As a result, it will be necessary therefore
to include references to relevant frameworks, models, concepts and techniques in your response (i.e. using the Harvard Referencing
• Information gleaned from the internet / library, newspapers, textbooks etc, should be used and clearly referenced in the main
body of your answers. These should also be placed in your Reference and Bibliography section. Help will be provided with how to use
the correct Harvard referencing style.
• Current newspaper cuttings / journals can be used, if you so wish, to help illustrate your discussion and these must also be
clearly referenced – N.B. DO NOT JUST PLACE THESE IN AN APPENDICES – USE THEM APPROPRIATELY AND JUST REFERENCE THEM CORRECTLY!
• However, if you do use an appendix, you are strongly recommended not to include anything there without referring to it at least
briefly in the main body of the answer. N.B. Try not over fill the appendices with irrelevant information!
• Diagrams may be used within your answers and these should also be suitably credited for appropriate inclusion and usage.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!