Based on your research into a company that you have chosen to analyse, outline, investigate and evaluate the current leadership strategy that the company is using to achieve its key strategic goals. You will need to research current theories and practices from literature as they relate to leadership. This research should be used to provide evidence that supports your evaluation and recommendations.
Firstly, pick one Australian company only example BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Woolworth limited, Wesfarmers, etc and get some research on its business strategy and leadership strategy. It is likely that this information will be got from companies annual report or internet sources.
Your report should:
• Outline what is meant by a ‘leadership strategy’.
◦ This requires a definition and a discussion of the definition. There is no one definition that is correct, so ensure that you include the acknowledgement of the source.
• Outline the core elements of a well-developed leadership strategy (e.g., talent acquisition, talent sustainability, leadership practices).
◦ Be clear on what a leadership strategy sets out to achieve i.e. the outcomes. This is likely to include key activities around delivering a pipeline of talent for succession planning, hiring key talent, training and developing talent etc
• Review their business strategy for implications for leadership requirements.
◦ This requires a discussion of ‘business strategy’. The key point to make is that any leadership strategy needs to be anchored to where the business is planning to head in the future, since it is this that defines the skills required.
• Outline and describe a ‘leadership strategy’ that would support the company to achieve its strategic goals over the coming 5 years.
◦ This part is to design and develop your own strategy that links to your discussion of the previous points.
. The report requires:
• The use of information from the selected organisation.
• The use of models/frameworks in the construction of a relevant leadership strategies.
• A range of references that should demonstrate breadth and depth of research.
• An ability to utilise the wider literature in constructing the framework for this assignment.
• The display of critical evaluation and diagnostic skills in the choice of the data included.
• The display of critical evaluation in the choice of the information sources used.
• Appropriate and accurate use of the Harvard Referencing System.
You must use a minimum of 20 references:
• Textbooks: The prescribed text and at least 6 other books.
• At least 8 academic journal articles (found using EBSCO, Emerald, ABI/Proquest, Science Direct, Informit, PsychInfo etc.).
• 3 other sources of your choice: Blog, newspaper, magazine or other Internet source.
• No more than 1 reference may be general Internet based sources.
• Wikipedia is not to be used and does not count as an academic reference.
Place this order with us and get 18% discount now! to earn your discount enter this code: special18 If you need assistance chat with us now by clicking the live chat button.