1. Write your assigned student number in the box.
2. Submit the assignment with the pages stapled together.
3. To receive full credit, answers must be accompanied with relevant
4. Write your response in the relevant space provided. Responses provided elsewhere will
be ignored. Furthermore, responses with unintelligible handwriting will be treated as
5. You acknowledge that this is your own individual work. Late homework is not
inter macro homework 2 Page 2 of 4
1. Consider an economy that produces apples and laptops. The prices and quantities of these
two goods for 2013 and 2014 are detailed below.
2013 $2 500 $1,000 5
2014 3 550 1,000 6
Find the CPI using the following methods:
inter macro homework 2 Page 3 of 4
4) Using the Fisher approach, what is the inflation rate between 2013 and 2014?
2. Suppose the following data: Nominal GDP in 2012 and 2013 are, respectively, $8,000 and
$7,000. The GDP deflator in 2012 and 2013 are, respectively, 132 and 129.
1) What is real GDP in 2012?
2) What is real GDP in 2013?
3) Calculate the growth rate of real GDP between 2012 and 2013.
inter macro homework 2 Page 4 of 4
3. A firm has the following production function for assembling trinkets. Suppose each worker is
paid a wage rate of $16 and that the price of a trinket is $2.
L y MPL pMPL
1) Fill in the blanks above.
2) How many workers should the firm hire to maximize profit?
3) What is the optimal profit?
4) Suppose that the price of the product remains at $2 but that the wage rate increases to
$21. Find the new profit-maximizing level of labor.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!
Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.