History Harlem Renaissance
Against the Odds: watch the & Artists of the Harlem Renaissance & and answer the questions.
1) What kinds of struggles did African Americans face following the end of World War I (the 1920s and 1930s)?
2) According to historian Clement Price, what did art represent for African American (Black) culture at this time? How did white society artistically portray blacks at this time?
3) What was the devastating impact of the film Birth of a Nation on African American culture?
4) How did Blacks attempt to improve their lives between the years 1900-1918? What was the impact of their efforts?
5) How did World War I change the way of life for Blacks? How did Black World War I veterans respond to their treatment by some racist whites?
6) What mission did W.E.B. DuBois and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) have for black people?
7) What did Blacks believe about what the arts of the Harlem Renaissance could do for them in society?
8) What is extraordinary about the Harlem Renaissance according to historian David L. Lewis?
9) Why did leaders of the Harlem Renaissance seek support/alliances from progressive whites?
10) What goal did the Harlem Foundation have for Blacks?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂