This assignment is based on a company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). You are required to prepare a report comparing the
financial performance and position of a company making extensive use of ratio analysis. In addition, you have to prepare valuations for
a company using one valuation method. You will need to select one company that interest you from the FTSE 250 companies. You can get
list of FTSE 250 companies from the London Stock Exchange website.
Annual reports are available to download from the company’s website and as a scanned copy from FAME.
You should prepare report in two parts:
(a) In the first part, analysis of the results of your chosen company should be provided. Your report should cover the following
• An evaluation of its profitability from a management perspective.
• An evaluation of its profitability from an equity shareholders perspective.
• An evaluation of its financial positionfrom both ashort-term (liquidity) and long-term (gearing) perspective.
• An evaluation of the overall performance and position of the business.
• You are expected to use some industry data to support your analysis.
(b) In the second part, you are required to prepare valuations for a company using one of the following two methods:
1. Prospective price-earnings ratio analysis based on forecast normalised earnings.
2. Forecast dividend growth model.
You are required to compare your valuations with the actual market value of the company. You should discuss the advantages and
disadvantages of the valuationmethod you have chosen and the problems that may arise in arriving at valuations to illustrate your
1. You are advised to select a non-financial sector. The larger the company you select (you can judge this from market
capitalisation, available from the LSE website), the more information is likely to be available.
2. You should show the calculation of your ratios in sufficient detail to enable your workings to be followed. Your assignment
should include an interpretation of the ratios as well as calculations of the ratios themselves. You should refer to other information
in the financial statements (and information available from elsewhere), as necessary, to assist in the interpretation.
3. In preparing valuations, you should employ a reasonable amount of information from the company’s financial statements. State
all of your assumptions clearly in your report.
4. Use of research papers are encouraged in your report.
5. Show all your workings clearly for both parts. Beware the temptation to copy from internet sites or other sources. If
unacknowledged, this constitutes plagiarism.
6. Please submit your report to the TPO not later than 17March 2016, 12.00noon.
Target length2 500 words including calculations.
• Title page
• Contents page
• Executive summary
• Results and discussion
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!