DISCUSSION NUMBER 1
• Relate collusion and similar strategies in the real world with reference to industrystructures
Now that you have learned about various industry structures, think about a pure monopoly,monopolistic competition, and oligopoly from
the economic and then from a consumerperspective. Then, post a response to the following:
1. As a consumer, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of theseindustry structures?
2. To an economy, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of theseindustry structures? Do private and social interests
coincide under these industrystructures? Give examples to support your reasoning.
DISCUSSION NUMBER 2
Describe the characteristics of a pure monopoly
You have read about pure monopoly as an industry structure and the factors that contributeto the creation of a monopoly. Think of two
examples of pure monopoly in the real world—one of a public good and one of a private good. Then, with reference to both examples,
posta response to the following:
1. Can both monopolies continue endlessly? Why or why not for each example?
2. What factors could cause the monopolies to end? Is there a difference between thepublic monopoly and a private monopoly?
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!