5 Art Works thatbest exemplify the following formal element
Using images from our class text (Adams, L. S., Art Across Time. Vol. 2. 4th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2011,) choose 5 works (one per term) that best exemplify the following formal element terms:
Line, Shape, Texture, Color and Balance
1. Sandro Botticelli ,“Birth of Venus,” 1430 Pg 511.
2. Leonardo da Vinci, “Mona Lisa,” 1503-1504. Pg 537.
3. Hieronymus Bosch, “Garden of Earthly Delights,” 1510-1515, Pg 590 – 591.
4. Francisco de Goya y Lucientes, “Chronos Devouring One of His Children,” 1820-1822, Pg 723.
5. Vincent van Gogh, “Starry Night,” 1889, Pg 798.
After you have chosen the 5 works, answer these questions for EACH work:
1. Artist: Who was the artist?
2. Title of the work: What is the title of the work?
3. Date: When was the work created?
4. Media: How/with what was the work created?
5. Location: Where is the work displayed? And please give page number in text.
Description – What does the artwork look like and how is the formal element (term) used.
1.Briefly describe the subject matter and then using the “How Do We Talk About Art?” section of the Introduction chapter of our text, identify and discuss how the term affects the overall composition of the work. For instance, don’t just tell me there were lines in the work, tell me what kind (straight, curved, horizontal, diagonal, thick, thin, implied, etc.), where they were located, and how they affect the overall composition.
Interpretation – What do you think of the artwork
1.What was the artist trying to communicate?
2.How did the artist communicate that message? (Symbolism, subject matter, or content?)
3.How does the work make you feel? Why?
4.Does the work have value and why? (types of value – material, intrinsic, religious, nationalistic, psychological )
After analyzing the 5 works, provide a conclusion:
Conclusion – Which work was your favorite? Why?
Hieronymus Bosch, “Garden of Earthly Delights,” 1510-1515, Pg 590 – 591.
Why? Explain on how vivid, mystical and misterious(You can add whatever)!!!
•4 page paper minimum
•The paper should be double spaced with a 1” margin and type size should not exceed 12 pts.
•Art History, as a discipline, utilizes the MLA style.
•Always cite your sources!
Adams, L. S., Art Across Time. Vol. 2. 4th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2011. Print.
It could be anything else except Wikipedia cites!!!
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂