CASE STUDY A – ABC CORP
A human resource manager at ABC Corp. is interested in developing profiles of ABC full-time employee based on the given representative sample of 52 of the company’s full-time workers in the file abc_c01.xls. In particular, she is interested in determining the average age, number of years of relevant full-time work experience prior to coming to ABC Corp., number of years of full-time work experience at ABC, number of years of post secondary education, and annual salaries for those employees. Besides, she would like to analyze these characteristics separately for male and female employees. She is also interested in understanding the relationship between the employees’ salaries and other characteristics.
Employ appropriate descriptive measures to help the human resources manager develop these desired profiles.
Prepare a three-page memo for the HR manager at ABC Corp. excluding any exhibits or reference pages. The memo must be submitted by Sunday.
1. Develop ABC Corp. average full-time employee profile. Use histogram to explain the salary frequencies.
2. Develop ABC Corp. profiles for male and female employees separately and compare them. What conclusions can be drawn from your analysis?
3. Using correlation coefficient, explain the relationship between salaries and other employees’ characteristics.
4. Assuming that all data sets are normally distributed. Identify the probability that the salary is no more than $40,000, between $40,000 and $60,000, and above $60,000.
5. Identify the 95% confidence interval for the “Prior Experience” and “ABC Experience” and compare them. What conclusion can be made?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂